Friday, August 31, 2007

Sorry to be a downer...

but I just need to get it out and I don't really have anyone else to tell.

I am seriously independent.

I have internal self confidence issues, although if you ask many people who know me they will tell you that I am one of the most confident and assertive people they know.

Despite my confidence, I feel I am not quite good enough and I will question and doubt myself A LOT.

I HATE crying. I did it a lot when I was younger and now I almost view it as a sign of weakness.

I have trust issues, but at the same time I will believe what almost anyone tells me.

I hate feeling needy.

I like to be in control and I hate feeling like things are out of control.

The end by me.

3 comments:

*Christie* said...

It's perfectly normal to feel this way. People who have dealt with being very overweight typically go one way or the other - totally introverted/shy or totally outgoing but with internal issues like you are saying.
All that matters is that you are aware of it and can work with it. You're young and you have time to grow and evolve. :)

lainb said...

Wow - I'm with you on all of those (except the crying one).

I've found it's hard to be in relationships with some of my issues of trust, independence, and control...I've been working on all of the above for years...and probably will be for years to come. Let me know if you have any know of any "secrets". :)

Krissie said...

This could have been written by me.
The thing is, Nathan made me get over most of these things. I am very independent, but I need Nathan desperately. I hate to cry, in front of anyone but Nathan. I allow myself to be "needy" with him, but not with anyone else.
You can be independent and not alone.
(Although I still have serious control issues...especially in the kitchen.)