Sunday, August 19, 2007

It is Summer

Every summer DMB tours. And every summer I always go to shows. With no outdoor venue in Nashville, I had to travel to see at least one show. (This has never been a problem, because I have always traveled to see them even when they played Nashville.) I just got back from Indiana where I saw them twice at Deer Creek (AKA Verizon Wireless Amphitheater). I had a blast. I ate bad (aka good, but not good when trying to lose the lbs.)food. I drank TOO much and probably gained 5 lbs. I saw old friends and made some new ones.

However, I think next year I am seriously only going to one show. I love the band and my friends, but there is so much more I want to do with my summers (and money!). The drive home went by pretty fast and I am glad to be back.

I have a busy week. Drinks with a friend tomorrow. Class on Tuesday (It's starting already!). Modest Mouse on Wednesday. And MY MOM COMES ON THURSDAY!!!!! Yes! I can't wait. I think the timing is perfect and I am really excited to see her.

That's all for now. Oh, I am not going to take a picture of the scale tomorrow, but just know that I am eating better as of today and made wise food choices.

3 comments:

*Christie* said...

Welcome back! And I'm glad you had a great time!
Don't worry about the food & drink. You enjoyed yourself and that's ok from time to time on this weight loss LIFESTYLE. Just hop back into your plan and don't sweat it.

Love ya!

Krissie said...

So how is DMB? We used to follow them, but after Stand Up, we changed our minds. I haven't seen the boys in years. We sure had a good run, though.
Now we've turned to Nickel Creek. We're seeing 3 shows in October (Louisville, Lexington, and Asheville) and hope to score tix to their final show. I think its at the Ryman. I'm so excited!

*Christie* said...

PS I'm running a poll on my blog to choose Starbucks clothes so come on over and help me choose!