Thursday, August 02, 2012

Thirty and Beyond

Sh*t is about to get real folks. I turn thirty 8 weeks from tomorrow. And I am at my highest weight in probably 7 years. This is incredibly scary. Not the turning 30 part, but the part about my weight. My clothes don't fit like they used to fit. I feel slow and slugish while running. I am lacking self control when it comes to dessert. And I could go on and on. But starting yesterday, I am making a few changes. These changes aren't meant to be a temporary solution for a lifelong struggle. But to help me get back to a healthy place and stay there.

  • I am returning to boot camp in the mornings at least 2 times a week. It's funny how once you quit something, there is such fear in returning. I stopped going to boot camp consistently in March. I went a few times in April/May, but nothing consistent. On my Tuesday night trail run I saw two people from class who asked me when I was coming back. I don't know why there is such a fear of returning when the people who can help and support me the most are ready and waiting for my return. I emailed the owner to see if my leftover classes could be used even though they technically expired and the outpouring of support was pretty awesome from the owner and the instructors. Are you looking for a boot camp in Nashville? Start Fitness is where it is at. 
  • I am journaling my food. Pen meet paper. No more My Fitness Pal app for me for the time being.
  • Every Sunday I am going to plan out my workouts for the week. I usually have a good idea of what my social and work activities will be for the week. I know that things will pop up, but I have found I operate best with structure.
  • I will loosely be following Bob Harper's Skinny Rules...A life without beer and Diet Coke would be really scary for all of those around me.
I've laid it all out. It's going to be an exciting few months. I'll be turning thirty and then a month later running my SECOND marathon. It's on. Looking to be healthy at Thirty and Beyond. 

5 comments:

Erica said...

You are a rock star!

Anonymous said...

You are going to do a fab job! I turned 30 on Sunday, and I am at my highest weight. So like you, I made a plan and I am working my plan. Here's to great results for both of us!

The Blonde Mule said...

First of all, you are healthy. Secondly, I see you all the time & you look fantastic. I'd kill to be able to run as far & as fast as you can. Kill!

P.S. Your thirties are awesome. I'm 36 & is gets better every year.

XO!

Sarah said...

Erica, Kim, and Kim you all are so kind. I am really looking forward to this birthday!

Grzegorz Laskowski said...

Pozdrowienia z stolicy Polski...