Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Today is the Day

Dave Matthews has a shirt with "Today is the Day" printed across it. If I could find one, I would by one. Today really is the day. 2007 was supposed to be the year of me. While I have had quite a few good times, I have let my weight loss and excercise efforts fall to the floor. I am going to get back on track starting today. I know I have said this numerous times over the past few months, but there is just something about today. Today really is the day.

I knew I would not be able to go to the gym this morning, but I have my gear for after work and it is on. I prepared my lunch and breakfast. I past up donoughts in my morning meeting. However, I did not eat the lunch I brought. The resteraunt of choice was Mexican. I started to think there was no way in hell I was going, but I am going to face challenges like this all the time. Last week I would have said fuck it and eaten all the chips I wanted telling myself I would start back up tomorrow. Not today. I ate no chips as two baskets sat in front of me. I ordered a chicken taco salad, no shell, and a side of guac since it didn't come with any. I ended up having one chip though. Next time I will ask for no cheese sauce on the chicken. I didn't know it was going to be on the salad. I am not beating myself up over eating lunch out. I feel I made the best decision given my options and that is all I can do.

To my readers (if I have any left) thank you for sticking it out! You all are awesome and provide such great support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock and are still making smart choices! I do somewhat the same thing - - I order the nachos sans cheese and salsa and meat...I get grilled chicken and a lot of veg with Guac. Quite satisfying actually :-)

I vowed that '07 would be the year of me too. We just need balance checks every once and awhile I guess.

Kim L said...

Mmm ... Mexican food. I just came back from a trip back home to Texas and found it hard to resist! Congrats!

Krissie said...

Good work for getting back on! All you need is to get some momentum, and you'll find your resolve again!
I liked that you stayed social but made the best choices you could. And only one chip is great!