Thursday, June 05, 2008

On Food

Despite my knowledge of knowing how limiting the types of food eaten and labeling food (like good and bad, healthy and not healthy) can be detrimental to weight loss (well peace of mind in general), I still partake in this unhealthy habit. I just realized it yesterday, after talking about a couple of binges I had had earlier in the week. So I am going to work on really savoring and enjoying foods. I am also not going to limit what I can and can’t eat. I think for so long I have limited myself to certain things because I view them as “bad”. However, some of the things I label as bad, really aren’t bad. They just need to be eaten in moderation. I don’t crave twinkies or lots of other processed foods, but I do like some things that shouldn’t be eaten in large quantities.

Here is a list of foods that I REALLY enjoy right now: chocolate, a good dessert, nuts, avocado, buffalo mozzarella, salt and pepper kettle chips, strawberries, pineapple, grapes, good bread. Yep. I think that’s it for about now. If I think of anything else, I will be sure to add it.

Oh the gym. I am slightly sore today, but not as bad as it was yesterday and Tuesday. Oh and I went to the gym this morning. I didn’t have my class, but my body is starting to wake up earlier now. I was there by 5:15 and did stretching/ab work, stair climber for 30 minutes, and treadmill for 45 minutes. I also noticed again how much I really enjoy working out in the morning. I am trying not to get upset with myself for stopping last spring because of the ex. But it’s hard. BUT I am getting back into my old habits and it feels great!

No comments: