Thursday, February 07, 2008

Confession Time

I have not stopped snacking since last night. I had about 7 100 cal packs after dinner when I should have just gone to bed. 7 x 100 = 700 calories. Ugh. This morning I ate my oatmeal and all of the sudden I really wanted a spoonful of peanut butter. I didn't need it, I just wanted it. Then when I got to work I bought a lemon poppyseed muffin. Why? I am not really sure. I washed that down with 2 100 calorie packs. Uh, yeah. WTF? What is my problem? Why can't I control what I eat? I think I might have a few reasons, stress being the major one.

I came into work this morning and my boss let me know that my car is leaking something and it isn't water. So I called the dealership to make an appointment to get it checked out on Saturday. Yeah! Spending money when I am trying to save money!

I am actively searching for a new job. And I am looking in 2 different areas: Non-profit and event services. So that means 2 different resumes and of course different cover letters for each job. Plus, I am not in the city I want to get a job in. So I have been working on networking. Sending e-mails to friends and family asking if they know people in the field or if they can point me in the direction of someone who can help. I updated my linked in profile (who knows if potential employers even look at that). I applied for 1 job in Seattle that I would love and am perfectly qualified for and would be a move up. There is another job that is open, but it would be a horizontal move.

My course work is by no means hard or harder then any other semester, but it is very time consuming. Lots of meetings and I am just getting worn out. I made an A- on the paper I wrote the morning it was due.

Oh and I really want to go home to WV for a few days. I would prefer not to drive though. I want a flight for under $200. I just miss my mom.

Oh and I didn't give anything up for lent. I feel like poo. I usually always do. My entrepreneurship professor who I greatly admire isn't giving thing up, but instead he is incorporating things back into his life to do on a more regular basis like attending mass on the way to work, taking early morning walks with his wife and dogs, and praying in the morning. I think this is a great idea.

Yeah so I have got a lot on my mind.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Sarah, you should come to Cincinnati the 22nd-24th. All the cool kids are doing it! :)

Sarah said...

I would SO love to go, but I have a strategic management class presentation on the 23rd :( Yes, class on a Saturday. I am sure you will all have a blast!

*Christie* said...

I'm sure having so much on your mind has a lot to do with the snacking. Try not to think of it as "I can't control my eating." Realize that your body needs something. Like the peanut butter thing - did you have it?
100 calorie packs are probably not what you really want, which is why you end up eating 7 of them, because it's all you will 'let yourself' have. This is something I've been reading about. Try figuring out whatyou DO want, and having it!

If you ever need to talk about/vent about all these stressors in your life, you can always email me or call me. Seriously!

lainb said...

I can totally relate to the uncontrollable snacking. I guess it's safe to say food is my drug of choice sometimes.

www.skybus.com has some really great deals going on...the trick is to find a flight going to/from the cities you need though.

Sarah said...

Finding a cheap flight to Charleston is always hard because the trip involves flying on 2 regional carriers :( I wish they had a discount airline that flew there. Or a non-stop flight. I think I would gladly pay more for a non-stop flight :)